× NUST Downloads NUST UG Admissions Enter to NUST NUST Admission Policy NUST Merit Criteria `International Applicants NUST DAE Criteria NET Syllabus and Pattern NUST Eligibility Criteria FA/FSc - Apply which Program? Non FA/FSc - Apply which Program? NUST Admission through SAT/ACT NUST Admission through SAT

Admission in USA Institutions

Applications for MBA programs are up, job opportunities for students in finance or consulting have turned wretched. But a lot of opportunities are waiting for MBA graduates.

Visa Process

Visa process is very simple if you possess all the necessary documents, meet the requirements stated above, and are able to convince the consular officer that you have well laid out career plans upon your return to your home country.
Applicants worldwide for U.S. tourist, student, or other non-immigrant visas to the United States are required to complete their visa applications on the Internet using the new Electronic Visa Application Form (EVAF). However, visa applicants who submit their applications through American Express/SpeedEx in Pakistan are also accepted.

The Electronic Visa Application Form can be found and completed on the USA Visa

The Electronic Visa Application Form must be completed online, then printed out and brought to the visa interview. (Visa application forms printed from the Internet and then filled out will not be accepted.) As of November 6, applications submitted with a handwritten or typewriter-typed DS-156 visa application form will no longer be accepted. Applicants who submit a handwritten or typewriter typed DS-156 application forms will be asked to complete and print out the new EVAF application form.

Non-Immigrant Visas

For study purpose you need a non-immigrant visa for USA. A visa issued for study purpose may not be legally used for another purpose without receiving the proper permission. If you have received a study visa, you are not authorized to work in the United States on that visa.

Visa Validity

A visa's validity is the period during which the student may use a visa to apply for admission to the U.S. It does not indicate the length of time the visitor may stay. An officer of the United States Department of Homeland Security authorizes the traveler's admission to the United States and determines the period of authorized stay. Applicants should be aware that a visa does not guarantee entry to the United States. At the port of entry, an inspector may deny admission to the holder of a valid visa if the traveler's activities do not appear to be compatible with the specified visa category. For more information about visas USA Visa

Applying for Student Visa

Visa issuance process is time taking so you must apply for your visa as soon as you decided to study in USA.

Types of Student Visas

There are two types of Student Visas:
Academic studies (F-1 visa): For people who want to study or conduct research at an accredited U.S. college or University.

Non-Academic or Vocational Studies (M-1 Visa): For people who want to study or train at a non-academic institution in the U.S.

How to Apply for Student Visa for USA

Applicants for Student (F or J) visas are not required to schedule an appointment. After submitting their application through American Express and paying the application fee, applicants for Student visa applicant interview appointments are scheduled Monday - Thursday at 1:30 PM.

Document Required at the Time of Interview

Student visa applicants must bring the following to their interview:
Completed application forms
Passport (current and all prior)
I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant Student Status
American Express fee receipt
SEVIS fee receipt or proof of payment
more about student visa   USA Visa Website

Financing your Studies at USA

You will need a minimum of US$10,000 to $15,000 per year to cover the costs of tuition, room and board, books, and personal expenses. Some universities cost well over US$30,000 per year. Very few awards are more than $5,000. The cost of studying in the United States varies widely among universities, and the cost of living varies from location to location.

The chart below shows the range of costs that students can expect to find at various universities:

Cost for One Year (2000-2001 estimates)
Tuition Fee ($3,500 - $25,000)
Room and Board ($4,000 - $12,000)
Books and Supplies ($500 - $1,000)
Health Insurance ($400 - $600)
Personal Expenses ($1,200 - $3,000)
Tuition fees at private universities will usually be double the cost of state universities. Tuition at two-year colleges will generally be substantially less than a state university.

Financial Aid

Some financial aid is available to international students. About 30% of international students in the US receive major financial aid from the US college or university.
Each university or college makes its own decision about whether or not to grant financial aid. Students with outstanding academic records and high SAT scores can be considered for financial aid. About 300 undergraduate institutions award significant financial aid to international students. Through research at your educational advising center, you may develop a plan that maximizes your chances of admission with aid.
Universities and colleges in the US may offer financial assistance to graduate students in the form of research or teaching assistantships. To be competitive for assistantships, you must have a high score in the GRE or GMAT , excellent grades, strong recommendations and a clear, precise and interesting statement of purpose.


Scholarships, grants and prizes are occasionally available. Often colleges and universities are searching not only for bright students, but also for interesting and original candidates. If you have any special talent, in fields such as music, sports, arts, student politics or others, make sure to mention it in your application.

Job During Studies in USA

It is not easy to get a job as a foreign student in the USA, especially at the undergraduate level. You cannot rely on employment to pay for your education in the U.S. Working off-campus is illegal and can lead to deportation from the U.S. On-campus employment for international students is limited to 20 hours per week, usually at minimum wage. You can expect to earn between $1000 and $2000 a year in an administrative position, which is enough to pay for books, clothing, and personal expenses. This will not be enough to pay for your tuition, fees or living expenses while in the USA. Jobs are offered on university campuses through the International Students' Office, Housing Services, the catering services, the Library, etc.